London

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Reagan

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 21, 2009

I love to see the temple!

Larry and I have decided that our once a month temple attendance was pretty rediculous seeing as we only live about a half hour from the temple. So, we've decided to go every week on Fridays and it has been so great! Last Friday was absolutely amazing!!!! We went to do a sealing assignment for our ward and we had the most amazing sealer. This man was wonderful. He started off normal but then after the first couple of sealings he said, "if there are any questions, please feel free to ask". Well we did, and we were taught for the next hour our so. It was so so so neat. He was a mission president in Philadelphia and said that I reminded him of one of the sisters from the mission. He talked to Larry and I a lot and just like a mission president, when he would ask a question he kept looking to "his missionaries". Well, probably to Larry because Larry knew all the answers. It was a wonderful experience though.

After we left the sealing room Larry, I and his parents decided to go to the celestial room to sit, enjoy the Spirit of the temple, and discuss some of the things we'd learned. The sealer came in and said, "I'm not supposed to give tours, but I'd like to show you around." It was so cool! He showed us where the Holy of Holy's was, a lot of history and a couple sealing rooms i didn't know existed. I'm so grateful to that man for taking the time to talk and teach us. I'm so excited to keep going to the temple and learning lots and lots more. What a wonderful place!

Here are some pictures of when we went with Larry's parents. The pics are kinda blurry. Sorry.

Larry and I went with Beckie and Chance Boekweg along with a friend of Chances, that Saturday. This is us in the visitors center.

3 comments:

  1. thats really cool! i love the Temple too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my stinkin' BEAUTIFUL friend. Oh how I miss you so...i just found your blog...umm didn't know you had one. I just wanted to tell you that well you are just amazing and I just really love you to pieces. I have been missing you lately, and it was nice to come on here and see your BEAUTIFULLNESS. You are seriously so beautiful inside and out. Thanks for being such a example to me of that person I want to become when i "grow up"...love "GLOWY" or "pokey" which ever memory you wnat to think of!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps...i am using my mom's blog account since I don't have one. Just so you know!!

    ReplyDelete