London

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Reagan

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 22, 2010

Reagan Elizabeth Thorpe

Last Friday at around 6:00am i started feeling a bit crampy. So, after feeling that for about a 1/2hour I woke up Larry and told him that I thought i might be having contractions. So, around 6:30am i started timing them. They started off pretty mild about 10 minutes apart. That lasted a couple hours and i told Larry to go to work because i thought it was false labor. Sometimes the contractions went to 15 minutes apart and other times 8 minutes apart. Well, i figured out after about another hour that this was more consistent then I had thought. They went to about 8 minutes apart. Soon after that it was 5 minutes apart and by 10:30 they were about 2-3 minutes apart. My doctor told me to come in when the contractions were 3-5 minutes apart so i decided to call Larry and tell him that i needed to go the hospital. I took a bath thinking it would ease these contractions that had grown steadily more painful, but it turns out that after vomiting(i know- probably a bit too much info) a bit in the tub and having the contractions increase in pain and closeness, i got out. I was talking to my mom while i was waiting for Larry to come home and by then they were about 1-2 minutes apart and some of them not having a break in between them. OUCH! Larry finally got home, we went to the hospital. As we were pulling up, the Fisher family from our ward was just leaving the hospital. I was in the middle of a contraction and pretty much blew them off as they were talking to me. I feel kinda bad now, but at the time talking was not in the schedule. So, we get in a room at the hospital, my Doctor comes in a little bit later and tells me i'm only dilated to a one!! WHAT!! A ONE!! - that's what i felt like screaming. So she goes on to say that she's just had the night shift, was going home(thank goodness) and that i'd get a different dr. Then she said they'd probably send me home cause labor can last up to 24 hours and i wasn't progressed enough. She wasn't all too nice when she said it either. Well, luckily i did progress after about an hour and 1/2 to a 4 so they didn't send me home. Dr. Verad came in - who was absolutely wonderful and who we'd been praying to get - and was so sweet. I had smeared make up on my face which he kindly cleaned up with a wet towel and he just talked to me. After being in pain for a bit, and worried that my labor was going to last 24 hours i decided to get an epidural. There were many pros and cons to it but it all worked out alright in the end. The doctor was very sweet and sat down and talked to me, reassuring me that even though my plans to go natural didn't work out that everything was going to be ok. What a great guy. I was in labor for a bit longer when finally at 8:45pm I pushed her out and got to pull/deliver her myself. I also got to cut the umbilical cord which was way cool. It was a good experience and i'm so glad that we had the Dr we had. It was also so nice to have Marie there to help out and of course Larry who did a great job in supporting me and has done a great job with our daughter. I couldn't ask for a better husband.

So, here are some pictures of our cute daughter. She's starting to look more like a baby rather then such a squished new born. Cute either way, though.
Dr Verad, my legs and Larry's back getting ready to push.
In the hospital. 6lbs 7 oz and 20 inches long.
She still gives her dad this look. Heavens! What will she do when she's older?!
Emily came over on Thursday (Feb 18th) and took pictures.
She's a bit hungry - trying to eat the floor. Her umbilical cord fell off the next day.


A bit of a size difference. Here's Danica (Emily's daughter) and Reagan who just got smacked in the head because Danica loved her a little too much. It was pretty funny.
She had a bit too much to drink....


so we put her down for a nap.


I clipped her nails!!!
Here's Reagan at 10 days old - Today. She's growing and changing so fast.

11 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! Congratulations!!!!! So SO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 10 day old! That's flown by. I know it's a little different because she's not my daughter, but I'm sure it's flown by for you too.
    She is so cute and tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she's beautiful! congratulations! I like hearing birth stories from people I know. I'm glad everything went all right and that you got the doctor you wanted. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Eileen forgot to mention was that after her lame-o Dr. left she continued to labor naturally (without an epidural) and did a fantastic job!! Yes it hurts like the dickens but she did everything she was supposed to do to allow the contractions to do their job. I believe it was within a couple hours she was dilated to a 4 almost 5 (I think it was a 5 when she ended up getting the epidural). In the words of Larry Thorpe, Eileen and baby Reagan were "STRONG!" during the whole labor. It was beautiful to see and I'm thankful that Eileen allowed me to help what little I did. So yes I, as her BBF =) and sister in law, had to share what an incredible job Eileen did delivering this beautiful little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YA!!! I'm glad you got the doc you wanted. OK, Reagan looks a lot like larry. i'll be curious to see what she looks like in a couple weeks. they get personalities so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's ADORABLE!! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful little girl! Congrats to you both, I hope everything is going well. What a size difference between Danica and Reagan! They'll be best buds :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my heavens! she is sooooo darling! she looks like you both... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh and btw i am glad you got that doctor! it sounds like it made a whole lot of a difference!
    i love you my dear friend...

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats eileen!!! i'm so happy for you :) hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finally catching up on blogs. Congrats!! So happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete