London

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Reagan

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Shiny lips

Well, I'm officially done with my job at the school. I'm still teaching piano, but it feels so weird not to be at work when i usually would. It's good, though, because i don't think my body could take much more of work at school. Crazy to think the next step now is having the baby. I hope I'm ready for it cause i don't have much of a choice. I've been a bit nervous about going natural because i haven't done all the exercises i should have and so I'm worried about my capabilities in giving birth and lasting. Well, my doctor didn't help much when i came in for my appointment after i got home from my trip to California. They had me do the usual of pee in a cup and get my weight and i had noticed that i had gained quite a bit of weight from the last appointment. So, i wait and wait and WAIT in the room for the doctor and the first thing she says as she comes to sit down is, "hmm...41lbs, huh? You might want to watch that." She continued to go on about how i should cut back on sweets, butter, sour cream or anything that makes my lips shiny. (Larry gets a kick out of that one and reminds me of it often). So I'm a bit fat. That's alright. I really think i had 10lbs of pee in me that day so it really didn't count. Ha. It made me laugh a bit.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure you look just right!!! Don't ya worry!!! That's cool you are going natural, I sure couldn't do that!!! When is your due date?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt you look fat at all! You're so funny. I hope that everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heaven forbid you get shinny lips. lol! don't you worry to much about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ♫ My shiny lips and me! ♪♫
    I've been thinking about going natural with our next one, but it is nerve wracking. My friend actually just started this blog: http://birthwithconfidence.blogspot.com/
    and she has some good advice. I've heard her talk about more stuff before. If you want to email her, I'm sure she'd be super excited to talk to you about stuff. She has a very good view on motherhood and natural birth.
    Anyway, I don't think you look fat. Gaining 40 lbs is absolutely normal too. It's because we live in Utah and everyone's crazy about weight here. 40 lbs is still in the average range, so I wouldn't even worry about it. You actually look really good still! Your baby will grow a lot in the next little bit and so you'll gain more weight, but that's all normal.
    I believe my friend (the one that made the blog) gained 70 lbs during her pregnancy and she stated once that she doesn't know how she couldn't have. She lost tons of weight and looked great! (She just had baby #2 a few weeks ago)
    Also, you'll probably notice with breastfeeding that you'll lose a big portion of your weight pretty quickly.
    Anyway, no matter how much weight you gain, just know that you have a healthy baby. Weight can always come off, just focus on that baby. I'm so excited to see her!

    ReplyDelete