London

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Reagan

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fun events

This morning when i was changing Reagan's diaper after she woke up, she decided to play with her blanket a bit.










Yesterday after i changed Reagan's diaper i was talking to her on the ground. She had been trying to roll over and getting pretty close, but yesterday SHE DID IT!!!! I screamed really loud in excitement. Apparently too loud cause she started to cry. Ha. It was pretty funny. Hopefully i didn't make it such a bad experience for her that she's now afraid to do it again. We'll see.

So, the Friday before last i went to the Hoggle Zoo with Beckie, Courtney, Nikki, her kids and Linda. It was pretty cold, overcast, and rained a little, but it was a blast. I love the zoo and it makes me wish i would have stuck to wildlife biology as my major in college...and finished it! It's a really nice zoo and i'm excited to take Reagan there when she's older and actually knows what's going on. Before leaving the zoo we went to the gift shop where they had a lot of fun decorations. Well, i decided then that i should do Reagan's room jungle instead of surfer-ish girl theme. Money's tight, as always, and i figured i already had a bunch of stuff that i got from home where i could do her room for cheap. So i got out my stuffed animals, paper, and bought some paper grocery bags from the store for 90 cents and went to work. It's still in the making, but for only spending a couple bucks total (i had to buy more white paint) i think it is turning out pretty good. I'll take pictures and post them when it's finished.


Well here are some pictures from the zoo (i'm gonna try to get more from the other's i went with) and some other random pictures.





I know you can't tell, but we're looking at the penguins.
Diaper changing station - in Nikki's wagon.
There's a playground to play at and there are also prairie dogs that you can look at. She was watching them at one time.






In the front of the zoo there was this huge wooden elephant that every once in a while would make a sound and squirt water from it's trunk. Well, Reagan didn't like the sound it made when squirting water so much. Kinda funny.

2 comments:

  1. Does your child not have pants?? =) That cracked me up about the screaming when she rolled over. Boy, if I had a dollar every time I scared the crap out of my kids because I screamed when they did something cute! I can just see Reagan 30 years or so down the road talking to her kids about the time her Mom screamed at her in excitement because she rolled over . .. (Reagan to her children)
    "And kids, that's why your mom has never rolled over since!" hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I read Marie's comment and I don't remember what I was going to say now. That made me laugh.
    So did the screaming at your kid.
    Looks like you had fun at the zoo! I'm excited to see the way the room will look. We're doing a monkey/jungle theme for Danica's bday party (the 31st by the way). Do you have any monkey type stuff you won't be using in Reagan's room that we could borrow for party decorations?
    Oh and cute red jacket she's wearing.

    ReplyDelete