London

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Reagan

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Larry turned 24!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARRY!!!

Wow. So now with Larry being the big 24 it's almost like we're only 3 years apart. Too bad i turn 28!!! this year. Yikes.

So, this year for Larry's birthday I had a lot of fun. I'm not sure if he did, but that's not really the point, right? Just kidding. So with a lot of help from Marie I did a scavenger hunt for Larry. One of his gifts was a trip to the aquarium so i did a pirate/beach theme. After he got done with work there was his first clue. He had some struggles along the way, but he eventually found all of his gifts. He got movie tickets, tickets to the aquarium, and a trip to his favorite restaurant, Rodizo grill. Yumm... We weren't able to do any of that on his birthday but on saturday we went to Rodizo grill with his parents and someday will do the others. I also made him a cup with candy in it full of "sweet thoughts". It was candy with compliments and "sweet thoughts" wrapped around the candy bars. Good fun.

On Sunday his family came over for cake and ice cream. I made him a pail of sand cake on his birthday (keeping with the beach theme) and a sand castle cake for his family. The sand castle cake sure didn't turn out how it was supposed to. The circles were not the right size and the middle cake fell apart. It was a pain to frost and as you can see in the picture, i couldn't cover it up as well. Towards the end of making it i just got frustrated and finished it really fast. Not my best cake, but at least it tasted good. So i took a picture of the cake after Larry had moved it a little. So it looks like there's cat poop in it, but originally it was all covered and looked like sand.

5 comments:

  1. Very creative!! I love those ideas and I think your cake turned out awesome! I don't see the flaws you're talking about. I may have to steal this idea. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that castle looked cool. ummm why is he sining to himself? what a nerd. lol! maybe its the kitty litter he ate. just kiddin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with everyone, you're cake looks great . .thank goodness for the sand, right?? I'm glad it mostly worked out for him on the treasure hunt. It made me laugh helping you with it =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so terribly cute! your cake turned out just fine!!! you sure do love him... :) i can tell ha ha

    ReplyDelete